Become A Partner of HandsOn NWNC
Join or Give
Nonprofits often seek outside assistance to help them resolve problems. HandsOn NWNC is committed to building positive partnerships with well-qualified consultants and vendors in our region so that, together, we can strengthen nonprofits in northwestern North Carolina. In an effort to provide nonprofits with a list of reputable consultants/vendors, HandsOn NWNC requests that those interested in becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of three years nonprofit experience (as staff or board member, volunteer, consultant, or vendor working with nonprofits.)
- A minimum of two years recent experience in a nonprofit consulting/vendor capacity.
- Demonstrated skill in stated area(s) of practice.
By becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner with HandsOn NWNC for $100 per year, you’ll receive a listing on our website for one year and a onetime notation of your information in our monthly e-newsletter which is sent to more than 700 nonprofit representatives in our six-county region (Forsyth, Davidson, Davie, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin Counties.) If you are interested in being on our Consultant/Vendor list, please complete this form.
In addition to our Supporting Partners, HandsOn NWNC relies on institutional funders that invest in our mission and programming. These funders include: Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC Foundation, Clemmons Community Foundation, The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, The Winston-Salem Foundation, and Wake Forest University’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement.
Supporting Partners (Nonprofits)
ertain core services, including the ability to list volunteer opportunities on our GetConnected volunteer portal and receive The Nonprofit Connection, are currently offered free of charge to all nonprofits.
HandsOn NWNC invites nonprofits to financially support our mission to build their effectiveness and efficiency, and increase volunteerism. Becoming a Supporting Partner allows organizations to demonstrate the value they place on their relationship with HandsOn NWNC. In exchange, they receive a variety of annual benefits and privileges not available to other members of our network.
Special opportunities for Supporting Partners include:
- Priority and/or discounted registration for workshops and first-consideration for other training and technical assistance opportunities. Typically, Supporting Partners are eligible for over $800 in discounts. Since you can send multiple staff and board members to our events, your savings could be even larger!
- Exclusive participation in our HandsOn Board Bank and Board Speed Dating, that can connect you with qualified candidates to strengthen your leadership capacity.
- Special marketing and other opportunities before they become available to our wider network of nonprofits.
- A customized list of service projects for your clients, members, or employees that meets your exact specifications, for FREE! (Available upon request.)
- Ability to purchase blocks of consulting time for $350/ 8 hours or $50/hr, allowing you to engage staff expertise to directly help your organization (i.e. strategic planning, in-house board and staff training, etc.) provided at these reduced rates.
- Opportunity to nominate volunteers as one of the “featured volunteers” on our homepage.
- Organization’s profile highlighted as the “featured nonprofit” on our homepage, including organization’s logo and a hotlink to the organization’s site. Length of time displayed will depend on the number of supporting organizations in any given year.
Organization's Budget Size
|$50||Minimum level of support for all organizations|
|$100/ million of budget||Large organizations (budgets over $1 million) are asked to give at a level that is more commensurate to their asset size, at a minimum $100 per million over the $50 minimum, up to a maximum level of support of $1,000. (Example: for an organization with a $3 million budget, the amount would be $350.)|
Current Supporting Partners:
ABC of NC Child Development Center
Agricultural Development Initiatives
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Bridging The Gap
Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte
Children’s Law Center of Central NC
City of Winston-Salem, Human Relations Department
Community Care Center
Community Design Studio
Crisis Control Ministry
Dent Creative Reuse
Disability Advocates of Northwest NC
Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
Forsyth County Young Leaders Program
Forsyth Jail and Prison Ministries
Forsyth Technical Community College
Gateway Nature Preserve
H.A.R.R.Y. Veterans Community Outreach Services
Habitat For Humanity of Forsyth County
Hospice of Davidson County
Humane Society of Davie County
Humane Solutions Spay Neuter Program
Just Hope, Inc.
Korner’s Folly Foundation
LEAD Girls of NC
Love Community Development Corporation
Love Out Loud
Mixxer Community Makerspace
Moravian Ministries Foundation
North Star LGBTQ Community Center
Paul J. Ciener Botanical Gardens
Piedmont Environmental Alliance
Piedmont Regional Association of Volunteer Administration
Positive Wellness Alliance
Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
SECU Family House
The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
The Centers for Exceptional Children
The Montessori School of Winston-Salem
The Shalom Project
The Fellowship Home of Winston-Salem
The Shepherd’s Center of Kernersville
Trellis Supportive Care
United Way of Davidson County
Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce
Winston-Salem Rescue Mission