Become A Partner of HandsOn NWNC
Join or Give
Nonprofits often seek outside assistance to help them resolve problems. HandsOn NWNC is committed to building positive partnerships with well-qualified consultants and vendors in our region so that, together, we can strengthen nonprofits in northwestern North Carolina. In an effort to provide nonprofits with a list of reputable consultants/vendors, HandsOn NWNC requests that those interested in becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of three years nonprofit experience (as staff or board member, volunteer, consultant, or vendor working with nonprofits.)
- A minimum of two years recent experience in a nonprofit consulting/vendor capacity.
- Demonstrated skill in stated area(s) of practice.
By becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner with HandsOn NWNC for $100 per year, you’ll receive a listing on our website for one year and a onetime notation of your information in our monthly e-newsletter which is sent to more than 700 nonprofit representatives in our six-county region (Forsyth, Davidson, Davie, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin Counties.) If you are interested in being on our Consultant/Vendor list, please complete this form.
In addition to our Supporting Partners, HandsOn NWNC relies on institutional funders that invest in our mission and programming. These funders include: Forsyth County American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA.), The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, The Winston-Salem Foundation, VolunteerNC, and Wake Forest University’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement.
Supporting Partners (Nonprofits)
HandsOn NWNC invites nonprofits to financially support our mission to build their effectiveness and efficiency, and increase volunteerism. Becoming a Supporting Partner allows organizations to demonstrate the value they place on their relationship with HandsOn NWNC. In exchange, they receive a variety of annual benefits and privileges not available to other members of our network.
Certain core services, including the ability to list volunteer opportunities on our GetConnected volunteer portal and receive The Nonprofit Connection, are currently offered free of charge to all nonprofits.
Special opportunities for Supporting Partners include:
- Priority and/or discounted registration for workshops and first-consideration for other training and technical assistance opportunities. Typically, Supporting Partners are eligible for over $800 in discounts. Since you can send multiple staff and board members to our events, your savings could be even larger!
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in Nonprofit Board Speed Dating sessions.
- Special marketing and other opportunities before they become available to our wider network of nonprofits.
- A customized list of service projects for your clients, members, or employees that meets your exact specifications, for FREE! (Available upon request.)
- Ability to purchase blocks of consulting time for $350/ 8 hours or $50/hr, allowing you to engage staff expertise to directly help your organization (i.e. strategic planning, in-house board and staff training, etc.) provided at these reduced rates.
- Organization’s profile highlighted as the “featured nonprofit” and FREE event marketing in our volunteer newsletters.
The base level of support to become a Supporting Partner is only $50 per organization annually. We ask larger organizations to voluntarily give at a level more commensurate with their budget, as identified in the chart below:
Organization’s Budget Size
|$100||$300,000 – $500,000|
|$150||$501,000 – $750,000|
|$200||$751,000 – $1 million|
|$200/million of budget||$1M+|
A New Day Community Care Services, Inc.
Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Annie’s Hope Center for Growing and Healing
Angelic Warrior Foundation
Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Bridging the Gap of Northwest Forsyth County
Children’s Law Center of Central NC
City of Winston-Salem Human Relations/DEI Department
City with Dwelling
Clemmons Food Pantry
Community Care Center for Forsyth County, Inc.
Community Design Sudio
Crisis Control Ministries
Disability Advocates of Northwest North Carolina
EAGLES of Grace, Inc
Family Services of Davidson County
Farmington Community Association, Inc
Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
Forsyth Backpack Program
Forsyth Jail & Prison Ministries
Greater Winston-Salem Inc
HARRY Veterans Community Outreach Services, Inc.
Journee Bees Village
LeanBack GiveBack Foundation
Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce
Love Out Loud
Moji Coffee & More
Monet Richardson Community Foundation
Next Step Ministries
One Love Strong Foundation
Open Arms Community
Piedmont Environmental Alliance
Piedmont Regional Association of Volunteer Administration
Positive Wellness Alliance
RedHawks American Indian Educational and Culture Awareness Council
Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center
Royal Curtain Drama Guild
Salem College- Nonprofit Management and Community Leadership Program
Salem Pregnancy Care Center
Salemtowne Retirement Community
Second Harvest Food Bank
SECU Family House
Senior Care Training Center
Shepherds Center of Greater Winston-Salem
Shepherds Center of Kernersville
Solutions For Independence
Springwell Network, Inc.
Stokes County Partnership for Children
The CARes Project, Inc
The DOSE Collective Corporation
The Enrichment Center
The Fellowship Home of Winston-Salem
The Parenting Path
The Shalom Project
The Wells Center, Inc. “For Women In Transition”
United Way of Davidson County
Veterans Helping Veterans Heal
Winston-Salem Black Chamber
Winston-Salem Rescue Mission
YWCA of Winston-Salem