Become A Partner of HandsOn NWNC
Join or Give
We welcome financial contributions from businesses and individuals at any level. Donations through our website, or checks can be mailed to our physical address. Donations from individuals are fully tax-deductible, as allowed by law.
Nonprofits often seek outside assistance to help them resolve problems. HandsOn NWNC is committed to building positive partnerships with well-qualified consultants and vendors in our region so that, together, we can strengthen nonprofits in northwestern North Carolina. In an effort to provide nonprofits with a list of reputable consultants/vendors, HandsOn NWNC requests that those interested in becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of three years nonprofit experience (as staff or board member, volunteer, consultant, or vendor working with nonprofits.)
- A minimum of two years recent experience in a nonprofit consulting/vendor capacity.
- Demonstrated skill in stated area(s) of practice.
By becoming a Consultant/Vendor Partner with HandsOn NWNC for $50 per year, you’ll receive a listing on our website for one year and a onetime notation of your information in our monthly e-newsletter which is sent to more than 700 nonprofit representatives in our six-county region (Forsyth, Davidson, Davie, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin Counties.) If you are interested in being on our Consultant/Vendor list, please complete this form.
In addition to our Supporting Partners, HandsOn NWNC relies on institutional funders that invest in our mission and programming. These funders include: Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC Foundation, The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, The Winston-Salem Foundation, The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem, and United Way of Forsyth County
Supporting Partners (Nonprofits)
Certain core services, including the ability to list volunteer opportunities on our HandsOn Connect volunteer portal and receive The Nonprofit Connection, are currently offered free of charge to all nonprofits.
HandsOn NWNC invites nonprofits to financially support our mission to build their effectiveness and efficiency, and increase volunteerism. Becoming a Supporting Partner allows organizations to demonstrate the value they place on their relationship with HandsOn NWNC. In exchange, they receive a variety of annual benefits and privileges not available to other members of our network.
Special opportunities for Supporting Partners include:
- Priority and/or discounted registration for workshops and first-consideration for other training and technical assistance opportunities. Typically, Supporting Partners are eligible for over $800 in discounts. Since you can send multiple staff and board members to our events, your savings could be even larger!
- Exclusive participation in our HandsOn Board Bank and Board Speed Dating, that can connect you with qualified candidates to strengthen your leadership capacity.
- Special marketing and other opportunities before they become available to our wider network of nonprofits.
- A customized list of service projects for your clients, members, or employees that meets your exact specifications, for FREE! (Available upon request.)
- Ability to purchase blocks of consulting time for $350/ 8 hours or $50/hr, allowing you to engage staff expertise to directly help your organization (i.e. strategic planning, in-house board and staff training, etc.) provided at these reduced rates.
- Opportunity to nominate volunteers as one of the “featured volunteers” on our homepage.
- Organization’s profile highlighted as the “featured nonprofit” on our homepage, including organization’s logo and a hotlink to the organization’s site. Length of time displayed will depend on the number of supporting organizations in any given year.
Organization's Budget Size
|$50||Minimum level of support for all organizations|
|$100/ million of budget||Large organizations (budgets over $1 million) are asked to give at a level that is more commensurate to their asset size, at a minimum $100 per million over the $50 minimum, up to a maximum level of support of $1,000. (Example: for an organization with a $3 million budget, the amount would be $350.)|
Current Supporting Partners:
ABC of NC Child Development Center
A Brighter Path Foundation
Addiction Recovery Care Association, Inc.
Allegacy Federal Credit Union
American Red Cross of Northwest NC
Arts for Life
Bethesda Center for the Homeless
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Cancer Services, Inc.
Carolina Center for Cognitive Rehabilitation
Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte
Center for Smart Financial Choices
City of Winston-Salem, Human Relations Department
Clemmons Food Pantry
Communities in Schools of Lexington/Davidson County
Cooperative Community Ministry
Crisis Control Ministry
Crosby Scholars Community Partnership
Crossnore School & Children’s Home
Davie County United Way
Delta Sigma Theta-Phi Omicron Chapter at Wake Forest University
Dress for Success
El Buen Pastor Latino Community Services
Family Promise of Davie County
Family Services of Davidson County
Fellowship Home of Winston-Salem, Inc.
Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
Forsyth County Cooperative Extension
Forsyth Education Partnership
Forsyth Humane Society
Forsyth Jail and Prison Ministry
Forsyth Technical Community College’s Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program
Gateway Environmental Initiative
Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont
Greentree Peer Center
Guilford Nonprofit Consortium
H.A.R.R.Y. Veteran Community Outreach Services
H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem, Inc.
Habitat For Humanity of Forsyth County
Hospice of Davidson County
Hosanna House of Transition
Jonathan’s Legacy: Connections of Hope
Junior League of Winston-Salem
Kernersville Little Theatre
Lead Girls of NC Leading, Invigorating, and Fulfillment for Everyone
Lexington Housing CDC
Love Out Loud
Mental Health Association in Forsyth County
Middle of the Root
Minds Renewed: The Consortium for a Christlike Response to Mental Health
Moravian Ministries Foundation
Neighbors For Better Neighborhoods
Next Step Ministries
No To O
North Carolina Association of Free & Charitable Clinics
North Carolina Housing Foundation
Northwest Child Development Centers
Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden Foundation
Piedmont Chamber Singers
Piedmont Down Syndrome Support Network
Piedmont Opera, Inc.
Piedmont Regional Association of Volunteer Administrators (PRAVA)
Piedmont Wind Symphony
Positive Wellness Alliance
Revelation Outreach Center, Inc.
Reynolda House Museum of American Art
Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center
Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem
Salem Pregnancy Care Center
Sawtooth School for Visual Arts
School Health Alliance for Forsyth County
Second Harvest Food Bank
SECU Family House Senior Services, Inc.
Smart Start of Forsyth County
Stepping Stone Ministries of the Triad
Stokes Partnership for Children
Susan G. Komen Northwest NC Affiliate
The Arc of Davidson County
The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
The Beautiful Exchange
The Centers for Exceptional Children Inc.
The Children’s Home
The Children’s Museum
The Dragonfly House Children’s Advocacy Center
The Engaging Educator
The Enrichment Center
The Forever is Tomorrow Foundation
The Living Well
The Montessori School
The Peace Cafe
The Salvation Army
The Sergei Foundation
The Shalom Project
The Shepherd’s Center of Greater Winston-Salem
The Shepherd’s Center of Kernersville, Inc.
The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem
Triad Dream Center
Triad Restorative Justice
Truliant Federal Credit Union
Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce
Winston-Salem Jaycees, Inc.
Winston-Salem Rescue Mission
Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance
Winston-Salem Youth Chorus
Work Family Resource Center, Inc.
YMCA of Northwest North Carolina
Youth in Transition