HandsOn NWNC is proud to be a strategic partner of Verified Volunteers, which is the only background check platform tailored to the specific needs of the nonprofit and service sector. Verified Volunteers is designed to make background screening of volunteers faster, easier, and less costly for nonprofits and volunteers themselves. Verified Volunteers has been rolled out in partnership with HandsOn affiliates across the country, and we were happy to launch this service in our market in the Spring of 2014.
Benefits for Nonprofit Organizations:
- Verified Volunteers saves money by allowing volunteers to share their status with multiple organizations at no additional cost to the nonprofit or the volunteer.
- Verified Volunteers provides a consistent standard for volunteer background screening that can be recognized and accepted by volunteer managers everywhere.
- Verified Volunteers offers paperless administration and secure storage to eliminate paperwork and reduce administrative time.
- Verified Volunteers updates background checks automatically for a year, giving nonprofits the added security of monitoring their volunteer corps for new criminal records and empowering the volunteer to share an up-to-date background check report with other organizations.
- Verified Volunteers is compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws.
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Verified Volunteers saves time and money by eliminating the need for multiple background checks. Once you complete an online background check with Verified Volunteers, your screening status is current and you have the option of reusing it with any other Verified Volunteer member organization.
- Verified Volunteers allows you to own, control, maintain and share your background check through Verified Volunteers self-service online platform.